Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Perfect, or as close as it gets...

I don't think too many people will say their life can't get any better. I mean, I know I would say my life could get better if I published a novel within the next three years and was able to travel the world and got accepted into the Workshop without hardly trying and did all the millions of things I WANT to do. But then again, I'm pretty sure I don't need any of that. Actually, I am positive I don't *need* any of that. It might be nice. It *would* be nice. But I'm sitting here today in the math lab at school and thinking about how many things/people/experiences/days make me happy. Like the fact that my Pepsi came out from the machine really really cold instead of the lukewarmish it usually is. Or the fact that my mock interview/final is over and I aced it and now I have one less class to juggle this semester. Or yesterday, when my sisters and aunt and I took my mom out to dinner for her birthday at a awesome little spot downtown, and then walked next door to starbucks and sat outside drinking our lattes and laughing. That's pretty much nirvana right there. Even work, which sometimes gives me a headache or the sudden urge to cause bodily harm to someone, right now? I'm actually looking forward to working tonight so I can hang out with my coworkers before I get the next two days off. Weird, right? And then there's all these opportunities for me to follow up on. Even if it's just researching the opportunities right now, the fact that I can follow up on them and explore all the paths before me is pretty frickin sweet.
So I'm going to try to remember these things on the days when the only thing that makes me happy when I get up is that I get to go back to bed that night. The days when my soda comes out warm when all I really, really needed was a cold caffeine/sugar jolt to get me through the next class. Or the days when a coworker or customer makes me want to scream and/or cry and/or quit.
I'm going to try to remember this feeling of being absolutely happy, because my life is absolutely perfect. Or at least as close as it gets.

2 comments:

JustCourtney &TyTom said...

babe, such a good reminder. I, too, was thinkin last night while we giggled around that table that our life is pretty spectacular. Love ya, C

Ulty.Girl said...

AHH!!! good stuff!! heres to hoping my Dr.pepper comes out really cold later...or just that i ace my anatomy and if neither happens we shall find some cold pop and be chilling with the family tonight so it doesn't matter anyway!!!(but it totally does!)
Was a good post for sure!!
luv ya sooo much!!