Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A good day.

What a day, huh? Record voter turnouts. A historic election either way. Free coffee from Starbucks.
I voted. I filled in the bubbles and that was it. What's done, is done, right? All that's left to do is pray and keep my fingers crossed that Indiana and Virginia turn red. It's a strange, teetering feeling. This time tomorrow, we'll know who our next president is going to be and our whole world could shift. Wow. Yikes.

On a lighter note-getting up early actually means I accomplish stuff on my all-day days. Tuesdays, I usually get up, go to school, go to work, come home and go to bed. This morning, I got up, voted, went to Starbucks (see: above.) did some birthday shopping, bought and listenened to a Christmas Carols cd all the way to Ankeny and then to school. Working in the writing center listening to someone say she wasn't sure where to vote. (maybe that's something you should've figured out before November 4th, hmm?) Then off to work, then home to watch the election results. So this Tuesdays more than a little fuller and a lot better than most.

Also, I found out Tate did an amazing job on her literature midterm and made her big sister proud, AND she and I came up with an absolutely fabulous, fantastic, wonderful idea that has me excited for the month of November.

Anyway, first-time voting, free coffee and unexpected girl time makes for a pretty awesome Tuesday.

1 comment:

Ulty.Girl said...

I was gona write something like this but you did it better then me so i will just say "ditto!" also i am very proud of you for knowing which states we really need to turn red! and ashamed i didn't know!! :) I love you soooo much!! Can't wait to pull out those potato chips and watch the outcome of one of America's most vital elections!!! I'm glad for this country and for a chance to watch history!!