Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hello, cold season.

I hate colds. Not as much as I hate the flu, but I hate every runny nosed, foggy headed, tired, achy, irritable minute of having a cold. I hate going to work with a cold. Every minor grievance or petty annoyance, every b-witchy customer or complaining coworker, everything that usually gets brushed away in light of how much I really do like my job-yeah, with a cold, i'm too short tempered to deal with it and end up wanting to scream and/or cry. I'm too foggy headed to be as on top of things as I usually am, and that annoys me too. Mom made me some horrific death-potion that's supposed to cure what all ails you. Lemon, garlic, honey, fresh ginger-it doens't sound too bad, does it? well, it is.
However, the fact that she hand grated and chopped and peeled all these ingredients for me is what makes me feel better. As are the mashed potatoes she made, and the box of teddy grahams she bought me. Little kid, what? :D
Well, I think pajamas, peppermint tea and watching a good dvd are in order....

~Sickie

No comments: